New Call for Applications: Team X (spring/summer 2020)
Call for applications (PDF): 20191030_Ausschreibung_Volontariat_Team_X
Application form (WORD): 20191030_Bewerbungsformular_AAA_Laos_Team_X
- Deadline for applications: 24 November 2019 (Akademisches Auslandsamt and via mail to the project leaders)
- Interviews: 28 and/or 29 November 2019
- Notification about acceptance: 30 November
- Insights from further volunteers: final reports (“AAA Abschlussbericht”) of former volunteers
- Further details: application deadline for additional funding to PROMOS is 2 December 2019 and to DAAD (“Auslandspraktikum für Lehramtsstudierende”) 13 December 2019
Applicants please visit Prof. Martin’s seminar “Global English(es): Teaching English in Asia” (Monday 4:15 in 3.311) for first orientation
Students enrolled at the University of Education Karlsruhe in one of the teaching degrees (PO 2011, PO 2015, PO 2018, all subjects) as well as our graduates and alumni can apply for an internship within the project “Teaching English in Laos”.
Within this project, students can also earn credit points in the Bachelor and Master programmes.
If you want internship credit, you need to
a) visit Dr Wagner in his office hour and
b) submit the necessary forms before departure.
EuLA students can also earn credit for their 20 teaching/working weeks abroad (in their 3rd, 4th, or 5th semester).
Bachelor and Master theses can be written within this project.
- Lao-German Technical College, Vientiane: 20191030_Description_LGTC
- Vocational Education Development Institute, Vientiane
(new partner, description to follow asap)
Internship places for teaching English/German in colleges and at university in Savannakhet
1. In 2018, a PH cooperation with the University of Savannakhet started, the “PH KA volunteer programme”, which is funded by SKU and runs for 5-10 months each year (Sept-Jan, Feb-July).
Requirement for applications: Previous experience as an intern in the “Teaching English in Laos” project.
Two new places are available as from February 2020. Please contact Prof. Martin if you are interested.
2. New cooperation planned with Xaysombath Technical College in Savannakhet (start September 2020): 2 places for internships. Calls for applications follow in April/May 2020.
3. New cooperation planned with Teacher Training College (TTC) in Savannakhet (start September 2021).
Important note: Interns need to register for their stay in Laos within the Elefand System (Elektronische Erfassung von Deutschen im Ausland), as requested by the German Federal Foreign Office.
PH volunteers are also welcome at other institutions of education which are not part of the AfC or SKU cooperation.
Places available for teaching English at Universities, Teacher Training Colleges, Technical Colleges and Private Schools:
1. Sunshine: Private school (Vientiane) and kindergarten (village in the jungle) with focus on ecology and yoga/meditation
– 4 places at the private pre-, primary and secondary Sunshine School, Vientiane, accommodation & vegetarian lunches covered (not the flight) – read the report of our 2 volunteers who taught there in 2016/17 and check out Sunshine school on Facebook
– 2 places at the Sunshine kindergarten in the village of Veuntaen in Xaythany District on the (Nam) Ngum River (40 km away from Vientiane), accommodation & vegetarian lunches covered (not the flight)
2. NUOL: The German Department of the National University of Laos in Vientiane and the Lao-German Friendship Society welcome volunteers for teaching German to future teachers. Accommodation would be provided (not the flight).
3. SAV TTC: Teacher Training College in Savannakhet (cooperation-in-preparation)
31 October 2019